What to wear?
Dress for the weather and be prepared to walk in grassy fields as the balloon generally launches and lands in grassy areas. For your safety, we require you wear long pants.
The temperature on the ground is very similar to the temperature you will feel in the air. No need to take additional clothes.
Open toed and high heeled shoes are not allowed. We advise to wear athletic shoes.
To get in and out of the gondola, you have to climb in and out, so it’s important to have clothing that allows you to bend easily.
When we meet?
Meeting times vary by season and time of sunrise and sunset. The meeting times are generally 1/2 hour before sunrise and 2 1/2 hours before sunset. This time may vary by 15-30 minutes depending upon the day of the month. Times to be confirmed prior to meeting. See below for approximate meeting times:
- January: all day available
- February: all day available
- March: 6:45 am | 5:00 pm
- April: 6:30 am | 5:30 pm
- May: 6:00 am | 6:00 pm
- June: 5:30 am | 6:30 pm
- July: 5:30 am | 6:30 pm
- August: 6:15 am | 6:00 pm
- September: 6:30 am | 5:00 pm
- October: 7:00 am | 4:30 pm
- November: 6:30 am | 3:00 pm
- December: all day available
Children age 6-10 and receive a 300 PLN discount for shared hot air balloon flights. Children 5 years of age and younger are not allowed to fly because of the safety reasons.
Safety during a flight
Adhere to the pilot’s instructions at all times.
DO NOT grab onto ropes, fuel lines or other parts of the balloon as they may be damaged or it could endanger the flight if accidentally mishandled.
Please stay in the position that you were assigned unless you ask the pilot to be moved. The weight distribution matters.
Landings vary depending on the wind speed and terrain:
- in calm winds, there may be a “stand up landing”, meaning that the balloon will calmly rest on the ground with little to no impact;
- in moderate winds, the pilot may instruct passengers to crouch down, turn sideways from the approaching ground and bend their knees slightly to soften impact. The balloon may drag and turn sideways.
After landing stay in the basket until pilot tell you when it is safe to disembark. The loss of your weight could cause the balloon to take off again.